Some things to check out before we break for a week or two:
- Fiction alum Art Taylor has a series of mystery book reviews over at the Washington Post. Also, he let me know that the next MFA Alumni newsletter (the winter edition, I'm guessing) should have a plug for our blog, but he didn't reveal anything else about its contents. I imagine we can expect to get the newsletter soon though, and hopefully a few more readers will stop by as a result.
- This is an older article, but I just came across it recently. The Mason Gazette profiled fiction alumna Elyse Becker here.
- Non-fiction Mike is doing his best to grow a beard by the time he turns 30 in a few weeks. Visit him at his blog, Beard By 30, to read about it, and send him luck.
- I will not challenge this person to play Scrabbulous.
- MFA programs in the UK are catching on, it seems, but they're called MA programs, I guess.
- The New Yorker published Lethem's Fall for the Book story "The King of Sentences." The afternoon before he read it in Harris Theater, he emailed the file to me so I could print it out. Therefore, I am famous by association.
- A different kind of holiday-inspired, literature-related list: Author Suicides.
- New issue of the online journal The Quarterly Conversation is up.
Okay, that's all I've got.