Sunday, August 24, 2008

Congrats to Rob Drummond


I've been waiting a little to post this information - mostly because I wasn't sure when the anthology was supposed to come out and because I've been a little busy with the move and getting situated down here in Houston. But now I'm happy to say that the latest New Stories From The South is out and it contains fiction alum Rob Drummond's award winning story "The Unnecessary Man," which received the 2007 Arts and Letters fiction prize judged by Robert Boswell.

I spotted Cliff's post here and it reminded me to bring this up. Cliff also links to a review in the Miami Herald. And fiction alum Art Taylor wrote a nice review of the anthology here.

Drummond's story appears alongside stories by Clyde Edgerton, David James Poissant, Jim Tomlinson, Pickney Benedict, and some other people. And Z.Z. Packer is listed as the guest editor this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment